in recent years our jewels have increasingly been subject to counterfeiting phenomena by unauthorized third parties about which we cannot guarantee the same quality. In particular, we found many bracelets on the web that constitute a counterfeit of our "Only You" bracelet, an icon of the Spallanzani brand for almost 50 years.
HOW DO I RECOGNIZE IF A "ONLY YOU" BRACELET IS ORIGINAL?
How to recognize our bracelets from non-original products? Here are some unmistakable elements that characterize only the iconic "Only You" bracelet by Spallanzani:
- the "Only You" bracelet Spallanzani has a snap closure:
- the "Only You" bracelet Spallanzani presents from 3 to 10 letters in gold or with precious stones (white or black diamonds, colored sapphires, rubies or tsavorite)
- the "Only You" bracelet Spallanzani has a rounded shape on the sides of the letters:
- the "Only You" bracelet Spallanzani presents, next to a security lock, a plate on which the Spallanzani brand is clearly marked.
- Spallanzani '' Only You '' bracelet, in addition to the logo near the closure, is also recognizable by the name written extensively within the structure.
- the "Only You" Spallanzani bracelet is made exclusively in gold (yellow, rose, white and black rhodium-plated gold), we do not make bracelets in silver or other alloys.
- pay attention to the stamps on the "Only You" Spallanzani bracelet, which indicates the purity of gold, in Spallanzani jewels is never less than 750 thousandths.
- the "Only You" Spallanzani bracelets have stamped the serial number with the laser technique so that it is very clear and legible. The fake ones usually replicate the number with the sandblasting process which makes it appear much less clear and opaque.
WHERE CAN I BUY THE "ONLY YOU" BRACELET AND BE SURE IT IS DEFINITELY AUTHENTIC?
The original "Only You" bracelets can be purchased online at our website https://www.spallanzanijewels.com. They are allowed to sell our products also jewelers specialized. The list of authorized jewelers closest to you where you can buy your "Only You" bracelet is available on our website https://www.spallanzanijewels.com/pages/stores
It is important to know that Spallanzani does not sell through online e-commerce sites, private, non- authorized stores or online auction sites. If you purchase an "Only You" bracelet through an unauthorized channel, it is very likely that it is a counterfeit product.
WHY SHOULD I CARE FOR COUNTERFEITING?
Counterfeiting is illegal. Counterfeiters are profiting illegally to the detriment of the legitimate owners of businesses and damage the economy by generating losses in terms of revenue, jobs and tax revenues. A study published in February 2016 by the EUIPO ( European Union Intellectual Property Office ) , available at the link https://euipo.europa.eu/tunnel-web/secure/webdav/guest/document_library/observatory/resources/research-and-studies/ip_infringement/study5/jewellery_and_watches_it.pdf ,related to the economic cost of the infringement of intellectual property in the jewelry sector, revealed that - since industrial property rights (in particular brands and designs ) have been used intensively in jewelry production - calculate that the legitimate industry loses , due to the counterfeiting, about 1. 9 billion euros of revenue per year due to the presence of counterfeit jewelry in the European Union market , accounting for 13.5% of the sector's sales. This translates into a direct loss of nearly 15,000 jobs and around 600 million euros of lost public revenue.
Counterfeiting does not only translate into an economic damage to the companies affected, but it is a complex criminal phenomenon that involves the whole community. In fact, counterfeiting damages people's health because no research activity is carried out on the quality of materials and their compatibility with the health of the wearer in order to produce fake jewelry and jewelry products. These counterfeits don’t hesitate to use lead paints, metals treated with nickel or other allergenic substances.
Counterfeiting, in addition, also harms our collective security because it is a major source of funding for organized crime. More this activity is flourishing and has the greater the opportunity, for criminal action at all levels. Finally, without forgetting that the management of the supply chain requires the employment of many workers who deal with the creation of counterfeit products, without any attention to their health and safety.
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP US TO COMBAT THE COUNTERFEITING?
Tell us counterfeit products by writing to email@example.com and indicate much information as possible, such as:
- Where did you find the counterfeit jewelry (shop name, website, e-commerce site, etc.);
- Number of jewels offered;
- Type of jewelry offered;
Thanks for your help!